EP. 43 | Relationships Series Part 1: Connection to Self
This week, we kick off a new series on relationships and the role of mindfulness in relationships. Kelly and Kristi begin the conversation with the most important relationship: the one we have with ourselves.
Self-connection means knowing and accepting who you truly are, including strengths and weaknesses. It’s about being in tune with your emotions and thoughts without judgment. It means developing self-compassion, self-acceptance and allowing growth. Young or old, having a deep relationship with oneself is vital to a balanced and fulfilling life.
Tune in this week as Kelly & Kristi share their personal experiences with self-connection and offer suggestions including:
- Encouraging children to be curious and try new things
- Giving children the space to make choices, and mistakes
- Being careful not to label, but rather focus on effort and the ability to be brave
- How a yoga and meditation practice can support our self-connection at any age
- The importance of understanding and accepting ourselves to build strong , meaningful relationships with others.
This episode is part of a series. Be sure to tune in all month for thoughtful conversations about relationships.