Frequently Asked Questions
If you have any questions about our courses, how they work, payment options, certificates or any other general queries you will most likely find the answer here…
Q: What is the main difference between all of your certification options?
- There are multiple ways to become certified to teach yoga to children with KAY.
- Attend a LIVE 2-day training in your area. This option is great for those that want to complete their training in person. You will receive your certificate at the end of the weekend, and we will send you on your way to change the lives of all the children you teach.
- Online Path – Online Kidding Around Yoga: This is our complete self-paced online training program. You will work independently on your own time to complete your certification, and your certificate will be emailed to you upon completion.
- Virtual Path – Online Kidding Around Yoga: Our new Virtual OKAY training is ideal for those that aren’t able to attend a live in-person training, but would like a little more hands-on guidance as they work through the course. There are “live” online learning elements (facilitated through Zoom) and you will complete your certification with a mentor.
Q: I have registered for my KAY training but I didn’t receive my order confirmation and/or my email to access the online training modules. Why not?
- Unfortunately our emails do sometimes land in Spam folders (specifically for Hotmail, Yahoo, and AOL accounts). If you did not receive your confirmation email OR a response to a general email inquiry, please check your spam folder first. The best thing to do is add the following emails to your contacts to make sure they land in your inbox: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. If you don’t find our email in your spam folder, please email us directly at the address above or contact us on social media.
Q: Is the complete online training the same as your live intensive in-person training?
- The online course content is the same, and you will be certified to teach Kids Yoga with both options, however the overall experience is different. It is up to you to decide whether you prefer to join a group of like minded people in person to connect with, OR work independently with the support of mentors online. Our online program does cover the ENTIRE CURRICULUM from our live training. You will even have mentors in our OKAY Students Facebook forum to help bridge the gap. We offer THE BEST online Kids Yoga training, in our humble opinion. 🙂
Q: Do I need to be a certified yoga teacher to take this training?
- No, you do not! All that is required is that you love children and want to teach them yoga, meditation, mindfulness, and stress-management. We’ll take care of the rest.
Q: Do I need liability insurance to teach yoga to children?
- Absolutely! And Kidding Around Yoga has partnered with BeYogi Insurance for a discounted rate. Insurance is applicable within the United States only and to those professionals who meet the state’s requirements, where applicable, to teach yoga.
Q: Where can I teach once I’ve finished the training?
- You can adapt your KAY certification to teach anywhere there are children. Here is a list of the more common places you will find a KAY teacher:
public schools * private schools * yoga studios * recreation centers * martial arts centers * homeless shelters * birthday parties * festivals and fairs * day camps * Parents Night Out events * parks *libraries * dance studios
Q: Who can I hire to sub my classes if I need someone?
- Your best option is to have another KAY teacher sub for you. In addition to the local Facebook forum that your trainer will allow you access to after you complete your training, many of our teachers are posted on the website in our Teacher Directory. Of course, sponsoring a KAY training in your town will assure you that you will have a wonderful family of teachers to choose from. Your kids are going to be spoiled by our system!
Q: When will you be back in my city?
- We can never be 100% sure when we are coming back. Typically, if we fill the training, we come twice a year. We encourage you to check our schedule to see if there’s another training in your area.
Q: What happens if I register for a live training and I am unable to attend my training?
- We know that “life happens” and plans don’t always work out. Not to worry! We are yogis… We’re flexible! If you register and are unable to attend your scheduled training weekend, please contact us ASAP. You will have the option of switching to another live training (any on our schedule) OR you can complete the full training online. There is a one time $15 transfer fee to make the switch, and you will be good to go. After your 2nd transfer you will be asked to pay in full again for your training. We are unable to process refunds, but your registration will not expire, so you can take your time when deciding.
Q: What is the difference between being a certified KAY teacher and a certified KAY licensee?
- Certified KAY teachers have all the tools they need to facilitate a complete KAY class. As a Registered Yoga School with Yoga Alliance, our teachers can also log CEUs for their time spent completing this course.
Certified licensees have all the same benefits as our teachers, plus they are able to utilize the KAY name and branding in their own personal business marketing and promotion. CLICK HERE to refer to the page of our site for licensees.
Q: Where does my $5 donation go?
- Your $5 donation goes into a scholarship fund established to eliminate the financial barriers that individuals face in their journey to becoming certified to share the ancient practice of yoga with children, as well as to reach children in the world that otherwise wouldn’t get the opportunity to practice yoga. Thank you for supporting KAY’s efforts to share yoga with ALL children!
Q: How long do I have to complete my training?
- In-person and online students will have 5-months access to the OKAY course from the date of registration. In-person students are only required to complete the first 2 modules, and all online students (virtual and self-paced online) must complete all 4. You may extend and/or keep your access and add more resources by upgrading to our exclusive OKAY Plus* or Licensee* Programs.
A: Do I get a certificate?
- Yes! All of our live and online trainees will receive a certificate once they complete their course and any other requirements of their specific learning path. The certificate will indicate how many hours of study have been completed. Live training certificates are issued at your training. For online students, their certificate will be presented in PDF format once they complete all requirements.
Q: Will I be fully certified to teach yoga to children after completing your training?
- Yes, students taking a LIVE training and OKAY students will be certified KAY teachers after completing their courses.
Although we are a RYS (Registered Yoga School), and you will receive a certification that provides recognized CEUs through Yoga Alliance, you will not be able to REGISTER as a children’s yoga teacher with just our basic certification. We will supply you with documentation that you studied for the number of hours taken to complete your course. *Note that Yoga Alliance only recognizes 95 hours of study for children’s yoga. registration.
Students who complete OKAY Lite are not certified KAY teachers, however you will receive a document stating that you completed 8 hours of online training. You will also have the option to upgrade to the complete OKAY training if you wish to receive your certification in the end.
Q: Will I be 95 hour certified?
- No, in order to be 95 hours certified you need to take 95 hours of training and 87 of them need to be live. We are currently offering our complete 95-hour certification online.
OKAY for Virtual, Online and Live trainees count towards 10 non-contact hours of your total 95 hours. More information can be found HERE.
Q: If I am a registered yoga teacher through Yoga Alliance (RYT), will I receive CEUs for this training?
- After completing our live in-person training, you will receive 25 CEUs that are recognized by the Yoga Alliance.
- After completing our Online Path training, you will receive 14 CEUs that are recognized by the Yoga Alliance.
- After completing our Virtual Path training, you will receive 26 CEUs that are recognized by the Yoga Alliance.
If you do not wish to become fully certified, but you still want to learn the KAY Way you can enroll in OKAY Lite and receive 8 CEUs that are recognized by the Yoga Alliance.
Please note, Yoga Alliance does have specific guidelines around which training hours can be logged as contact hour CEUs vs. non-contact hour CEUs. We can provide you with more information regarding these guidelines if you reach out to us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. However checking the YA website is always your best bet.
Q: Will YA (Yoga Alliance) recognize my certification?
- Yoga Alliance does accept our course for required CEUs, however if you wish to register as a children’s yoga teacher (RCYT) you will need to complete a full 95-hour certification. You may apply for CEUs following your training for the number of hours associated with your training path. You may also complete your remaining required hours with Kidding Around Yoga at a later date to obtain the 95-hour RCYT designation with Yoga Alliance.
Q: Do I need to have my 200-hour certification to take your complete 95-hour course?
- No, you do not. Our 95-hour certification is available to anybody that wishes to join. However, you will need to have at least a 200-hour certification to establish your account with Yoga Alliance. From there, you will be able to add the 95-hour RCYT designation to your account with YA if you complete our advanced training. If you are not interested in completing a 200-hour basic yoga certification, you can still deepen your knowledge and understanding of Kids Yoga by joining our advanced course.
Q: Are payment plans available?
- Yes! You will see the option to select our 3 month payment plan on the registration page.
Q: Do you offer any discounts?
- Yes! We offer a number of different discount options (including military and teacher discounts), and we also host special promotions throughout the year. The best way to keep up with current offers is to check our website periodically, and follow us on social media.
Q: What if I miss a sale?
- We do our best to accommodate everybody while also remaining as fair and consistent as possible. If you miss a sale, we are unable to honor previous pricing once the discount code expires. If you have trouble getting a particular discount code to work, please email a screenshot of your problem and send it to email@example.com so that we can assist.
Q: Can I buy now and pay later?
- Our payment plans require the first installment to be paid at the time of registration. The balance is then divided into two further payments; one after 30 days of registration and the final payment is taken 60 days after registration.
If you have any questions that aren’t answered here on this page, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.