EP. 55|Building Self-Confidence Through Yoga and Mindfulness
Confidence and self-esteem are important concepts for kids to embody because they help them to feel good about themselves and give them the power to believe in their own abilities. When kids have a healthy sense of self-confidence and self-esteem, they are more likely to be successful in school and in their personal lives.
Raising kids who are confident in their own skin can be a challenge for any parent or educator. Fortunately, there are some things you can do to help children feel good about themselves and boost their self-esteem.
In this episode of Mindful Conversation with KAY, Kelly and Kristi dive deeper into the meaning of self-esteem and self-confidence and share ways yoga and mindfulness can improve and strengthen these skills. Tune in and learn more about:
- What self-esteem and self-confidence are and how they overlap
- How yoga provides a space for non-competitive activity
- Poses that instil self-confidence
- Meditation and the power of positive self-talk
- Opportunities for Leadership in Kids Yoga Classes
- The benefit of self-acceptance and a growth mindset
- How facing challenges can lead to greater confidence
For further reading & learning opportunities:
Amy Cuddy – Your body language may shape who you are – TED
Children’s Yoga and Mental Health
Become a Kids Yoga and Mindfulness teacher and help children develop and improve their self-esteem and self-confidence