EP. 58|A Mindful Writing Process with Author Laura Bean
Laura Bean, writing specialist, educational wellness consultant, and creator of Write to the Core curriculum, which integrates social-emotional learning with reading and writing joins Kristi and Kelly on this episode of Mindful Conversations with KAY.
During this thoughtful interview, Laura shares more about her work which promotes self-reflection, empathy, compassion, and creativity while addressing Common Core Standards.
Listen in as they discuss:
- How Laura’s mindfulness practice developed
- The role of mindfulness in fostering a compassionate learning environment
- Using writing as a means of self-discovery
- Tips for teachers to integrate mindfulness within their curriculum
- The importance of supporting our students and helping them to stay regulated throughout the day
- Why we must do our own work and have our own personal practice
Laura lives in the San Francisco Bay Area and teaches English Language Development and mindfulness to high school students. She shares powerful poems and writings from her students.
Connect with Laura!
For further reading and learning opportunities: