What is the EduKAY School Workshop?
The EduKAY School Workshop is a six hour professional development opportunity that will provide teachers with the skills necessary to introduce yoga, meditation and mindfulness into today’s demanding academic environment. This workshop provides various tools and guides teachers on methods to integrate yogic concepts throughout the school day as they pertain to Behavior, Stress Management, and Health Awareness, all while increasing student engagement in a positive environment. The EduKAY workshop includes an online review of all the material covered at the live workshop along with a digital version of the EduKAY manual. Plus, some of our most popular original songs, activities, and ideas for keeping the material accessible for all students.
- Visual/spatial learners will benefit from seeing modeled yoga poses and printed yoga graphics/charts.
- Musical learners will benefit from the use of Kidding Around Yoga original music.
- Linguistic learners will thrive on telling yoga stories, communicating emotions and verbalizing feelings.
- Logical/mathematical learners will develop their understanding of anatomy, stress management, and mathematical relationships.
- Bodily/kinesthetic learners will get to experience lots of physical activity in the classroom through role playing, hands-on learning, and use of body language.
- Interpersonal learners will have fun using their social skills to relate with their peers during class meetings and various group activities while increasing their cultural sensitivity toward others.
- Intrapersonal learners will further develop their independence by learning additional ways to set goals and achieve them, manage stress, and gain more confidence.
In addition to all of these benefits teachers will have an easier time fitting the required health and physical fitness mandates into the school day. EduKAY will also teach how to make academic content standards more engaging by using our methods as a conduit for learning. Our system provides enough flexibility (ha ha!) to create yoga mini-lessons that can serve as class meetings for character education topics tied to academic lessons. We provide focus and concentration exercises which serve as a foundation for mindfulness and as a place where all other academics are given the opportunity to thrive.
- Songs, stories, activities, and games that can be used singularly or within a mini-lesson or class meeting.
- How to select learning standards from reading, math, or other content areas that are yoga-adaptable.
- Meditation and mindfulness techniques.
- Breathing techniques to use for themselves and with their students.
- How to consistently incorporate yoga techniques into mini-lessons for their students.
- Yoga-Breaks at transitional times.
- MUSIC INCLUDED!* Some of our very best Kidding Around Yoga music geared for the classroom.
- As an added bonus, your teachers will gain LIFETIME access to a digital version of the EduKAY manual along with any updates or additions that are made.
We are happy to work within your school’s schedule. The event is led by our top notch certified trainers, and is approximately six hours in length if completed all at once. However, EduKAY can be broken into separate sessions if that is more ideal. Contact us now!
At most locations, the six hour workshop is $1,800 for up to 30 participants. Additional attendees are $50 each. Each attendee gets lifetime access to the online version of the workshop which includes free downloads of our most popular songs, activities and hand-outs.
Yes, we take purchase orders!
Schedule an EduKAY workshop before the end of the 2018/2019 academic year and take $300 OFF!
If you would like more information email us at
If you are ready to request an EduKAY workshop, click here: EduKAY request form
Log into your online training (user name and password from workshop: Log In