EP. 62|Transitions – High School
Transitioning to high school is a big change for teens. As they enter another new building, with new teachers and peers, they’ll gain greater independence and access to a wider range of classes and activities. They’ll also be faced with more academic and social pressure as well as pressure to start thinking about the future (…ready or not!).
Like the previous school transitions, you can expect feelings of both excitement and anticipation. As parents and caregivers, there are many steps we can take to help kids adjust to the new school environment and academic standards. In this episode of Mindful Conversation with KAY podcast, Kelly and Kristi conclude the conversation about mindful transitions with the final move to high school.
Listen in as the discuss:
- How high school presents a time for growth and exploration
- Tips and techniques for practicing mindfulness — even when there’s resistance
- Emphasis on encouraging kids to trust their gut
- The importance of staying grounded and present for both kids and caregivers
- The balance between staying connected but also providing space
For further reading & learning:
To gain more knowledge and practical skills to teach yoga and meditation to this age group, check out Teen KAY