EP. 51 | Trauma-Informed Practices – An Interview with Kathleen Egan
“Stop crying, it’s not that bad”, said in the heat of the moment however its impacts may be lifelong.
Shame is a complex emotion that often originates from experiences and messages from childhood.
Shame can have profound effects on our self-esteem, mental health, and relationships.
In this episode, Kelly and Kristi dive deeper into the complex and often misunderstood topic of shame.
Tune in as they explore:
- What shame is and how it differentiates from guilt
- How it manifests in the body both physically and emotionally
- The importance of validating a child’s emotions
- The idea of helpful shame versus harmful shame
- How yoga and mindfulness practices can support self-awareness and self-compassion
Shame is an emotion that we often push down deep, but it is through vulnerability and open conversation that we can truly overcome its grip on us.
Be sure to join the conversation!
And remember, healing starts with us! Learn how to become a more mindful parent with us.
For further reading & learning: