“Yoga in Schools Part 2: Yoga and Physical Education Curriculum”
Physical Education classes (also known as PE or Gym) are the highlight of many children’s days – the opportunity to physically move and take a mental break is understandably needed.
Other kids are not as keen on PE and may feel anxious and timid in PE class.
Kelly and Kristi have a suggestion: Make yoga part of the PE curriculum!
In this episode of Mindful Conversations with KAY, we discuss:
- Inclusivity in the PE space
- How yoga practices and activities fit easily into a PE curriculum
- Using yoga skills to improve and enhance sports skills and physical literacy
- Celebrity athletes and yoga
- PE teachers unique ability, space, and schedule to actively explore yoga
- Setting up yoga activity stations and yoga-fying traditional games in your PE classes
- Suggestions on how to start making yoga part of your PE classes
Link of pertinent blogs: