“Literature Through a Lens of Mindfulness”
Who doesn’t love wandering through a good bookstore? The enticing titles, the brightly colored covers, the endless adventures that good literature takes us on – the act of reading is a self-care dream!
Kelly and Kristi share some ways to make literature (both reading and writing) part of a mindfulness practice.
In this week’s episode of Mindful Conversations with KAY, listen in to learn more about:
Listen in as they explore:
- Reading as an act of mindfulness
- Using read-aloud (with physical movement) to improve focus, memory, and engagement
- Encouraging imagination and building literacy skills by writing stories with yoga pose cards
- Kelly and Kristi’s favorite mindfulness and yoga-based books
- Using guided meditation to encourage creativity and immersion in a story
- How writing is improved through mindfulness practices
Link of pertinent blogs:
Books/authors mentioned in the podcast:
Virtual Mini Workshops: