Welcome to Kidding Around Yoga with Yogi Chelsea!
Benefits of Yoga For Children
- Proper breathing is a great way to energize, learn concentration and reduce stress. It also reduces allergy and asthmatic symptoms.
- Standing poses build posture and strength, and reduce symptoms of scoliosis.
- Balancing poses develop focus, strength, balance and poise.
- Backbends open and strengthen the heart and chest.
- Forward bends help massage the digestive system.
- Inversions and difficult poses build self-esteem by teaching children that they can achieve what they set out to do all on their own.
- Relaxation poses reduce stress and teach kids how to focus.
Kidding Around Yoga is a style of yoga that was created by Haris “Harini” Lender, RYT 500. KAY includes ALL 5 branches of the Science of Yoga in a very clear and organized class.
The methods we use in a KAY class are insanely creative and will keep your child practicing yoga for years to come! Singing, dancing, massaging, jogging and storytelling are just a few of the techniques we use, but the possibilities are endless. Our classes are geared towards kids ages 4-12. But you know how “flexible” yogis can be! If you want to bring a two year old or your grandmother – just ask! Depending on the nature of the class, we may be able to accommodate you.
We also teach a Family Yoga class as well as a Mommy and Me Class. Please contact me for any questions you may have. Chelsea teaches in the following areas Erie, Girard, Lake City, PA
To learn more about Kidding Around Yoga and the certification program I attended, visit KAY Global.