Elana Hilf is a certified Kidding Around Yoga instructor located in Palm Beach County, Florida. Since receiving her certification in 2016, Ms. Elana has begun teaching children’s yoga classes at local studios, clubhouses, private birthday parties, and with-in elementary and pre-schools in the South Florida Community. Her time as a children’s yoga teacher has been fulfilling beyond her wildest dreams! She is thankful to have shared yoga with hundreds of wonderful kiddos, mom’s, dad’s, grandparents and families through the Kidding Around Yoga practice.
Elana attributes the growth of children’s yoga in today’s world to be the wonderful families who care about the benefits of Yoga for their little ones including maintaining a healthy body, having a confident self-awareness, and a happy, kind spirit!
Prior to becoming a children’s yoga teacher, Elana has been practicing yoga for over 10 years and during that time became a mother of two amazing boys – Gavin & Tyler. Elana has worked in South Florida for over 12 years as a Marketing Manager for various National Brands, she has also been a 1st Grade Teacher and substitute teacher in Miami-Dade County, and worked at various Day Camps and Sleepaway Camp as a Counselor. In particular, she cherished the challenge of helping children adapt to the high-pressure elementary school atmosphere while supporting the space for them to simply “be a kid”.
Ms. Elana is proud to be a Kidding Around Yoga Licensee offering children’s yoga classes, birthday parties, and workshops across South Florida. Contact Ms. Elana to schedule your next Kidding Around Yoga Class!
Bringing a children’s yoga class to your event can be a special and memorable experience for your guests! Are you organizing an event and would like to include kid’s yoga as part of it? If so, Kidding Around Yoga with Ms. Elana can bring a children’s yoga class to you! From large events, to small private functions Ms. Elana can help you bring the amazing benefits of children’s yoga to your community in any setting. Ms. Elana is knowledgeable in creating thoughtful classes and workshops based on the number of children, the space, and making the class enjoyable for every one!
Summer is for quality time with friends, family vacations, cool treats, and most importantly …CAMP! Kidding Around Yoga with Ms. Elana knows why every year millions of kids attend Summer Camp across the US – the benefits are AMAZING! Spending days physically active, gaining confidence in activities, increasing resiliency, and unplugging from technology are some of the highlights children experience at camp on a daily basis. Now how about adding some Yoga & Mindfulness to complete their exciting summer!
Here are 5 Reasons YOUR CAMP should offer Kidding Around Yoga with Ms. Elana:
– Children will learn exciting poses inspired by animals, plants, transportation and more. Partner poses for older kids are a blast and teaches cooperation in a team environment.
– Campers will learn tips for quieting the mind through yoga games and meditation that increase their ability to sit still, concentrate, and listen internally – which are all excellent skills for school! (You’re Welcome Teachers!)
– Even after learning a simple pose, like balancing on one leg in Tree Pose, kids will come home and say, “Mom/Dad, look what I can do.” These bragging rights are really powerful for children and helps them build up much needed confidence in our competitive world.
– A regular practice of yoga can help children sleep better, improve coordination, boost their immune systems, and encourages self-care.
– After a full yoga class with music, poses, games, activities, and breathing, they are ready for Kidding Around Yoga’s Secret Garden meditation to relax and be still…and they LOVE IT!