BECOME A CERTIFIED YOGA YELADIM TEACHER!
**A CERTIIFIED Yoga Yeladim Teacher is someone who has completed the Kidding Around Yoga Training, ONLINE or LIVE, and ONLINE YOGA YELADIM.
Read below to learn more about our renowned Kids Yoga teacher training.
Kidding Around Yoga has developed a unique two day hands-on training, backed up by an independent online course and a lifetime of support by KAY staff and your vibrant KAY community. But KAY isn’t merely a kids yoga training program. It’s an entire program that will change your life. KAY is a community of like minded folks, a lifestyle, a career, and an adventure. You will learn the Science of Yoga, especially geared for little yogis. You will discover (and participate in) wildly fun yoga games and activities, arts and crafts, and so much MORE. We even have 5 CDs of original kid’s yoga music, full of yoga poses and cardio that will be available for you to download at the start of your training. KAY kids LOVE this music, and so will you. Check out our upcoming trainings.
Yes the one and only Ellen Allard REALLY took our training!
If you enjoy yoga and working with kids, Kidding Around Yoga training is for you. No pre-certifications required! It is great for established yoga teachers who want to work with kids, but it is also geared toward people with very different goals and backgrounds. Teachers who want to bring a little something extra to the classroom, parents who want to introduce their families to the joys of Yoga, and people who yearn to start a kids yoga business of their very own will all be thrilled with this comprehensive training and amazing level of support. Our training will change your life, as you will change the lives of your many beautiful students to come.
|Kidding Around Yoga is registered through the Yoga Alliance, and certified Yoga instructors can earn CEUs through our program. For more information on CEUs click here.|
People who have benefited from this training:
PTs * OTs * Montessori teachers * P.E. teachers * Psychologists * Yoga teachers * Dance teachers * Speech Therapists * Play Therapists * Parents * Grandparents * Nurses * Babysitters * Camp Counselors * and many more.
Here’s what you will learn in this very exciting training:
- Over 100 Yoga based games, songs and activities
- Instruction on how to effectively share all of our own original music activities with your children. We have over 45 original songs!
- Positive/Non-competitive teaching
- Easy class planning using our amazing class outline
- Behavior management techniquesAge appropriate activities for 2-17 year olds
- 80+ asanas appropriate to our songs and games
- Yogic philosophy and the Eight Limbs
- Pranayama, meditation and chanting
- Family and Mommy & Me Yoga
- Modified KAY class for teen yogis
- Partner Yoga
- Themed classes
- How to write GREAT Yoga stories
- How to run a “Karmaval”!
- Teaching Yoga in various environments
- Positive/constructive communication
- Physical contraindications of poses
- Deep relaxation/guided meditation for kids AKA The Secret Garden
- Business/marketing & liability fundamentals
- Tips for running your business and earning income as a Kids Yoga teacher
- How to lead a great Yoga birthday party and run a yoga day camp
- Observe a family class taught by your trainer
- Stress management for kids
- Cookin’ with KAY. Fun ways to share healthy eating in a yoga class
- Yog-arts & crafts
And if that’s not enough, after the training you are encouraged to join our phenomenal Facebook forum full of advice, help, continuing education and support from Haris, licensees, trainers, and your fellow teachers.
Though there is NO YOGA BACKGROUND REQUIRED, we do HIGHLY recommend that you take a few yoga classes before the training. Here are the poses we will focus on. (No headstands required, either. We promise.)
PHYSICAL FITNESS LEVEL: While Yoga is for everyone, kids’ yoga does demand some degree of fitness. Classroom time of most trainings will be spent sitting on the floor, with frequent periods of ecstatic dancing, yoga poses, and lots of jumping for joy. However, poses and dance are only a part of what we do. People of all ages and fitness levels can benefit from Yoga. If you are physically unable to do the asanas or to jump and dance to the music, you are still very welcome at our trainings. Though we cannot slow the training or adapt it to each participant, there are many useful techniques to learn to enrich your practice, your profession, and your community.
What you can expect from the training:
• Before the training, you will create an account with Online Kidding Around Yoga (OKAY). This provides you access to the first modules so that you can prepare for your fabulously intense and fun Live Two Day Training. After your live training, you will gain access to the entire OKAY program for TWO MONTHS so that you will have all the tools you need to use and review the massive amount of information you just received from your Kidding Around Yoga training. After two months, if you would like an extension, we will charge you a $100 fee and turn it back on for you for one month only.
• Trainings (usually) run from 9am to 6pm on Saturday and Sunday.
• Every training includes a free Family Yoga class on Sunday, taught by your very own trainer. You will be given the time and location in your welcome letter so that you can invite your family and your community.
• Yoga Alliance CEUs are offered for all KAY trainings. Other professions may offer CEUs as well. Feel free to check with your certifying body.
• Our live training is very intense. Please come rested and fed and ready for some serious Kidding Around.
• Please dress accordingly. Comfortable clothing that allows you to bend and breathe is a must.
• By the time you graduate, you will have a set system for teaching, complete with a well-developed and thoroughly tested class outline. YOU will know what to do to begin and end your class, and you will have a never-ending, ever-growing list of options for the middle.
Note: This training does not focus on children with special needs. However, high functioning kids with a range of abilities can benefit from many of the techniques, games, and activities that you will learn in your KAY program.
As always, feel free to with any questions or concerns or if you are interested in holding a KAY teaching training in your town.
– Sarah, Cayman Islands