Benefits of Yoga For Kids
Do kids really need yoga in their lives? The answer is YES and the reasons why they need it are many.
Children today live in a very fast-paced world. Between pressures from school, extra curricular activities, their peers, parents, and society, the hustle and bustle of every day life can quickly wear down on a child’s inner peace and joy. All of these pressures and expectations can lead to a whole lot of stress, and while most kids are not familiar with the concept of stress, they can still experience what it feels like without giving it a label or name.
YOGA Yeladim, AT IT’S VERY ESSENCE, IS STRESS MANAGEMENT FOR KIDS.
In addition to managing stress, Yoga Yeladim can benefit kids in many other capacities. Here are just a few:
- Standing poses improve posture and strength. They also reduce symptoms of scoliosis.
- Balancing poses improve focus, concentration, strength, coordination and poise.
- Backbends stimulate the sympathetic nervous system and are invigorating. They also open and strengthen the heart and chest.
- Forward bends stimulate the parasympathetic nervous system and are relaxing. They also help to massage the digestive system.
- Inversions and more difficult poses encourage practice and build strength and self-esteem.
- The Secret Garden aka DESSERT is a version of deep relaxation that allows the body to assimilate all of the benefits of the Yoga practice. In this still and quiet portion of class, kids are able to create a special place in their minds where they feel peaceful, happy, and safe.
- Breathing practices are a great way to reduce stress and help with focus and concentration. They also help reduce allergy and asthmatic symptoms.
- Meditation enhances calmness and clarity of the mind.
- The cardiovascular activity included in YY classes allows kids to expend their energy in a healthy way and strengthens the cardiovascular system.
- The sense of play incorporated into YY classes allows kids to let loose, be silly, and have fun.
- Music and dancing has therapeutic properties and teaches rhythm, tempo, and coordination.
- The principles of Yoga teach kids kindness, sharing, compassion, mindfulness, awareness, and much more. Tools that will serve them for the rest of their lives!