Welcome to Kidding Around Yoga with Nieke!
IN 2018 YOU ARE WELCOME TO JOIN A TRAINING IN TEL AVIV, ISRAEL IN JANUARY
The next Amsterdam Teacher Training will be taking place on the weekend of 19&20 May 2018 (Saturday & Sunday 9 am – 5:00 pm)
The next Tel Aviv Teacher Training will be taking place on two weekends in January 2018:
Friday, Jan 12th 2:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Saturday, Jan 13 1:00pm – 6:00pm
Saturday, Jan 20 1:00pm – 6:00pm
To enroll, please CLICK HERE
KAY dreams of a world where all kids get Yoga at school. Therefore school teachers enjoy up to 35% off!
Just like our own lives, our children’s lives are busy, too: academic expectations, innumerable lessons, competitive sports, socializing, and the business of just growing up! This fast pace often leaves our children with little time to relax. Kids are directly impacted by this constant stress, both physically and mentally.
It is crucial for children to learn how to find peace on the inside, regardless of what is happening on the outside. KIDDING AROUND YOGA does just that. Haris Lender (ERYT500) created KIDDING AROUND YOGA (KAY) to teach children the five branches of Yoga in a clear, engaging manner.
The benefits of Yoga for children are innumerable and I can’t wait to share them with you and the little yogi in your life.
Benefits of Yoga For Children
- Proper breathing is a great way to energize, learn concentration and reduce stress. It also reduces allergy and asthmatic symptoms.
- Standing poses build posture and strength, and reduce symptoms of scoliosis.
- Balancing poses develop focus, strength, balance and poise.
- Backbends open and strengthen the heart and chest.
- Forward bends help massage the digestive system.
- Inversions and difficult poses build self-esteem by teaching children that they can achieve what they set out to do all on their own.
- Relaxation poses reduce stress and teach kids how to focus.
Kidding Around Yoga (KAY) is a style of yoga that includes ALL 5 branches of the Science of Yoga in a very clear and organized class.
Every KAY class offers a complete, age-appropriate Yoga practice that includes:
- Stretching and strengthening poses: Poses in a KAY class are imaginative and fun, giving children confidence, a strong and flexible body, and a way to self soothe.
- Relaxation techniques: Students learn meditation and create a quiet, safe place in their mind to allow calming and healing to begin.
- Breathing instruction: Children learn ways change their moods, boost their energy level, and reduce stress simply by controlling their own breath!
- Music, games, and imagination: KAY’s magic is in our playfulness, keeping your child motivated and moving. This is not your typical Yoga class. A KAY class gets children singing, dancing, skipping, marching, jogging, shaking, laughing, hopping, limbo-ing, and storytelling ALL while practicing Yoga to original KAY music.
- Highly trained, passionate KAY certified teachers: My specialized training has given me the skills, tools, and experience to lead creative and well-organized kids’ Yoga classes.
KIDDING AROUND YOGA classes are a special opportunity to provide your child with life-long skills that will give them a sense of calm, balance, and power immediately and long into the future.
To learn more about Kidding Around Yoga and the certification program I attended, visit KAY Global.
Check out some of the work we do on YouTube