Welcome to Kidding Around Yoga with Miss Stephanie!
Benefits of Yoga For Children
- Proper breathing is a great way to energize, learn concentration and reduce stress. It also reduces allergy and asthmatic symptoms.
- Standing poses build posture and strength, and reduce symptoms of scoliosis.
- Balancing poses develop focus, strength, balance and poise.
- Backbends open and strengthen the heart and chest.
- Forward bends help massage the digestive system.
- Inversions and difficult poses build self-esteem by teaching children that they can achieve what they set out to do all on their own.
- Relaxation poses reduce stress and teach kids how to focus.
Kidding Around Yoga(KAY) is a style of teaching that was created by Haris “Harini” Lender, RYT 500. KAY includes ALL 5 branches of the Science of Yoga in a very clear and organized class.
As a certified Kidding Around Yoga (KAY) teacher, I have the honor of sharing yoga and meditation with children of all ages. We use our own music produced by our founder, Ms. Haris Lender, games, as well as other tools and activities to help children focus their minds and stretch their bodies, all while having loads of fun. It is a great tool in helping children to regulate their emotions and manage stressful situations, inside and outside of the classroom.
Yoga and meditation has been considered for a long time as a wonderful means of stress management. KAY uses a system based on the classical study of yoga and transforms it into an experience for children to both introduce them to yoga as well as inspire them to develop a practice and give them tools to take into adulthood.
The methods we use in a KAY class are insanely creative and will keep your child practicing yoga for years to come! Singing, dancing, massaging, jogging and storytelling are just a few of the techniques we use, but the possibilities are endless. Our classes are geared towards kids ages 4-12. But you know how “flexible” yogis can be! If you want to bring a two year old or your grandmother – just ask! Depending on the nature of the class, we may be able to accommodate you.
I also teach a family classes as well as Mommy and Me classes. Please contact me at (561) 702-6131 for any questions you may have.
To learn more about KAY and the certification program I attended, visit KAY Global.