KIDDING AROUND YOGA WITH MANDY
The benefits of Yoga for children are innumerable and I can’t wait to share them with you and the little yogi in your life.
Benefits of Yoga For Children
- Proper breathing is a great way to energize, learn concentration and reduce stress. It also reduces symptoms of allergies and asthma.
- Standing poses build posture and strength, and reduce symptoms of scoliosis.
- Balancing poses develop focus, strength, balance and poise.
- Backbends open and strengthen the heart and chest.
- Forward bends help massage the digestive system.
- Inversions and difficult poses build self-esteem by teaching children that they can achieve what they set out to do all on their own.
- Relaxation poses reduce stress and teach kids how to focus.
Kidding Around Yoga was created by Haris “Harini” Lender, RYT 500. KAY includes all 8 branches of the science of yoga in a very clear and organized class.
The methods we use in a KAY class are insanely creative and will keep your child practicing yoga for years to come! Singing, dancing, massaging, jogging and storytelling are just a few of the techniques we use, but the possibilities are endless. Our classes are geared towards kids ages 4-12. But you know how “flexible” yogis can be! If you want to bring a two year old or your grandmother – just ask! Depending on the nature of the class, we may be able to accommodate you.
We also offer Family Yoga classes as well as a Mommy and Me Classes. Please contact me for any questions you may have.
To learn more about Kidding Around Yoga and the certification program I attended and teach, visit KAY Global.