Camp KAY (95 Hour Training)
June 22 – 27, 2020
Tampa Bay Baptist Conference Center
15601 Lake Magdalene Blvd.
Tampa, FL 33613
Now that you’ve graduated from any of the Kidding Around Yoga LIVE 2-day trainings, you qualify to join us for our advanced training at Camp Kidding Around Yoga, June 22 – 27, 2020. This fabulous program is developed for 95 hour trainees, but everyone is welcome. In order to register your 95 RCYT hours with Yoga Alliance, you need to have taken the live 2-day training AND a 200 hour Yoga Alliance approved training, (or be scheduled to do so).
Here is the basic information we will be covering:
- developmental stages
- asanas, activities, games, pranayama, chanting
- classroom techniques, communication with children
- anatomy, changes in childhood development, contraindications, benefits, body systems, organs, etc.
- philosophy and ethics
- Observe and teach kids yoga classes.
The camp counselors are there to take care of the children at all hours. Your duties include:
- Observing the children in all activities and yoga classes.
- Participating in teaching different aspects of Kidding Around Yoga.
- Attend lectures during the children’s rest hour.
- Shared living quarters with bunk beds in a dorm along with other yogis, making friends for life.
- Participation in the Karmaval, Yoga-lympics, arts & crafts and more.
- Teach and engage in Peace, Love, Sharing, Caring, Compassion, Non-Violence, Karma, Co-Existence, Kindness, Spirituality, and Tolerance.
95 Hour Program Tuition
$595 for the first 2-day (or less depending on discounts applied).
$1650 for the advanced training (or less depending on discounts applied). This includes “almost” ALL FOOD & LODGING for 6 days. **You will have to purchase one or two meals on your own before the camp officially starts in Tampa.
Here are before and after photos of what the lodging looks like:
Please pack your own soft cushy pillows and blankets, tapestries and anything to make your living space more comfortable. This is not the Hilton.
Read up on the Camp Schedule Here. Any time you see “Rest Hour,” you will be required to attend lectures. There will be a manual and lots of great memories, too.
Meet the Trainers
|Haris Harini Lender||Melody Herscher|
|Mandy Lawson||Amanda James|
- Fill out the registration form.
- THEN Make Your Payment (we prefer check).
- ONE TIME FEE:
- $1650 paid in full upon completion of registration. (Get $250 off if you pay before December 1st)
- PAYMENT PLAN:
- ONE TIME FEE:
CHECKS MUST ARRIVE BY DEADLINES ABOVE… PLAN AHEAD. MAKE CHECKS PAYABLE TO KIDDING AROUND YOGA.
106 22ND AVE SE ST. PETE, FLA 33705
Certification & Requirements
Once you complete Camp KAY and a single live KAY training, you may take up to two years to register with the Yoga Alliance for your 95 hours. You do not need to be a 200 hour certified teacher when you begin. However, you must be 200 hour certified when KAY gives you your 95 hour certificate. If you do not have your 200 hours when you attend camp, you will receive your 95 hour certificate as soon as you DO complete it. Here is what is required in order to register as a 95 Hr RCYT with the Yoga Alliance:
- Complete 200 hr Yoga Teacher Training
- Complete 95 hr Children’s Yoga Teacher Training (Camp KAY + 1 live training OR in Costa Rica at Cabuya Lodge + 1 live training)
- Submit 30 teaching hours in children’s yoga that take place AFTER you get your 95 hr Children’s Yoga Teacher Training Certificate.
Please Note: The 95-hour RCYT designation is a great option for any 200-hour YA certified teacher that wants to register as a RCYT (Registered Children’s Yoga Teacher) with Yoga Alliance OR for anyone who wants to improve their skills, deepen their knowledge of childrens’ anatomy and/or expand their childrens’ yoga offerings. Note that you do not have to be part of Yoga Alliance to benefit from this comprehensive training.
Yoga Alliance and Certification
Yoga Alliance registration is not the same as “certification”. If you have completed our basic KAY training, you are fully certified to teach yoga to children in any capacity and are not required to complete further training or to join the Yoga Alliance to teach yoga to children.
You do not have to be part of Yoga Alliance to benefit from this comprehensive training.
|Kidding Around Yoga is a Registered Children’s Yoga School through the Yoga Alliance.|