July 25 – August 2 2020 at Cabuya Lodge, Costa Rica
Now that you’ve graduated from any of the Kidding Around Yoga LIVE 2-day trainings, you qualify to join us for our advanced training at Cabuya Lodge, July 25 – August 2 2020. This fabulous program is developed for 95 hour trainees, but everyone is welcome. In order to register for your 95 hours, you need to have taken the live 2-day training and a 200 hour Yoga Alliance approved training, or are scheduled to do so.
Here is the basic information we will be covering:
- Developmental Stages
- Asanas, Activities, Games, Pranayama, Chanting
- Classroom techniques, communication with children
- Anatomy, changes in childhood development, contraindications, benefits, body systems, organs, etc.
- Philosophy and ethics
- Observe and teach kids yoga classes
Your duties include:
- Observing the children in all activities and yoga classes
- Participating in teaching different aspects of Kidding Around Yoga
- Attend lectures
- Shared living quarters, making friends for life
- Participation in the Karmaval, Yoga-lympics, arts & crafts and more
- Teach and engage in Peace, Love, Sharing, Caring, Compassion, Non-Violence, Karma, Co-Existence, Kindness, Spirituality, and Tolerance
95 Hour Program Tuition
$595 First 2-Day (or less with early bird or other discounts)
$1595 Advanced Training
– INCLUDES ALL FOOD & LODGING for 8 days.
– DOES NOT INCLUDE FLIGHTS or transportation to Cabuya Lodge. * See below for further information about travel and transportation.
$500 is non-refundable ($400 for earlybirds). The remainder is fully refundable 30 days prior to the first day of the training (July 2, 2020). After that, the full fee is non-refundable.
Flights & Transportation
We recommend that you purchase your flight to Costa Rica early to avoid paying higher prices as the dates get closer. Please book your flight into SJO (Juan Santamaria International Airport) if you wish to take advantage of our group shuttle. The shuttle will depart the SJO area (airport or hotels nearby) the morning of Saturday, July 25, 2020 at about 7:00 am. We recommend that you fly in on Friday, July 24 and spend that night at a hotel. We will recommend 2 options for hotels near the airport. The shuttle will pick you up directly from the hotel. The shuttle takes about 6 hours and you will arrive to Cabuya Lodge at about 2 pm on Saturday. The cost of the shuttle is $60 and we will put the shuttle on your bill at Cabuya Lodge.
If you are unable to get into the SJO airport before 7 am on July. 25, you will miss your option to take our group shuttle. If you must fly in later in the morning on July. 25, you can MAYBE get an afternoon shuttle (we cannot promise that this will be available), or you can fly to our local airport.
If you would rather not take the 6 hour shuttle, or you are unable to fly in on time to catch it, you also have the option to fly to our smaller, closer airport in Tambor (TMU). There is one airline that makes that trip: Sansa. Flights are about $100 each way, and a taxi from the Tambor airport to Cabuya Lodge is $50. Mandy will be happy to guide you to book the flights, and she can arrange the taxi pick up for you as well.
Check-out from Cabuya Lodge is on Sunday, August 2. We recommend that you use that day to get back to the airport and spend that night at an airport area hotel prior to flying home on the morning of Monday, August 3, 2020. If you must fly home on Aug. 2, you need to make sure your departure from SJO is later in the afternoon or evening. You will not be able to get back to the airport before 2:30 pm (meaning the earliest flight you could catch would be 4:30 pm), if you take the shuttle. If you book one of the regional flights from Tambor to SJO you can get there earlier in order to catch an earlier flight from SJO home. It’s very important to leave at least 2 hours between your arrival time into SJO with the flight from Tambor, and your departure from SJO on your flight home.
Mandy is available to help guide you when it comes time to make your flight bookings. Please email her at with your proposed flights PRIOR to booking to make sure they make sense with the travel options.
Please pack anything to make your living space more comfortable. Housekeeping is available to do laundry at $6 per load. Here are photos of what the lodging looks like:
|Friday, July 24||Fly Into SJO (Juan Santamaria International Airport)|
|Saturday, July 25||Check-In to Cabuya Lodge|
|Sunday-Saturday, July 26-Aug. 1||Full Training Days (8 nights)|
|Sunday, Aug. 2||Check-Out from Cabuya Lodge|
|Monday,Aug. 3||Fly Out of SJO (Juan Santamaria International Airport)|
| 2-Day Training (15 Hrs)|
Advanced Training at Cabuya Lodge (72 Hrs)
Online Kidding Around Yoga (8 Hrs)
TOTAL HOURS: 95 hours
Meet the Trainer
E-RYT500, RCYT, RPYT, YACEP
|Mandy Lawson, KAY Teacher, Licensee, Trainer and Training Coordinator, is Canadian born, and now resides in Costa Rica. She leads trainings at her own Cabuya Lodge.|
- Fill out the registration form.
- THEN Make Payment. You have 2 options.
- ONE TIME FEE:
- $1595 paid in full upon completion of registration. ($1495 with Earlybird discount)
- PAYMENT PLAN:
- $500 non-refundable deposit due upon completion of registration. ($400 with earlybird discount)
- The remainder ($1095) can be split over 2 payments with the final payment due by July 11.
- TOTAL DUE NOW: $500 ($400 with earlybird discount)
- TOTAL DUE AFTER ALL PAYMENTS = $1595. (Or $1495 with Earlybird discount)
- ONE TIME FEE:
There is a $100 early booking discount if the book before Jan. 1, 2020
Certification & Requirements
Once you complete your advanced training in Cabuya Lodge AND a single KAY live training, you may take up to two years to register with the Yoga Alliance for your 95 hours. You do not need to be a 200 hour certified teacher when you begin. However, you must be 200 hour certified when KAY gives you your 95 hour certificate. If you do not have your 200 Hrs when you attend the advanced training, you will receive your 95 hour certificate as soon as you DO complete it. Here is what is required in order to register as a 95 Hr RCYT with the Yoga Alliance.
- Complete 200 hr Yoga Teacher Training
- Complete 95 hr Children’s Yoga Teacher Training (Cabuya Lodge + 1 Live Training)
- Submit 30 teaching hours in children’s yoga that take place AFTER you get your 95 hr Children’s Yoga Teacher Training Certificate
|Kidding Around Yoga is a Registered Children’s Yoga School through the Yoga Alliance.|