Breakdown of Certification Hours
- Advanced Virtual Kidding Around Yoga Training (72 hours)
- 2-day live in-person training (23 hours)
TOTAL: 95 hours
Yoga Alliance Certification and Requirements
Yoga Alliance registration is not the same as “certification.” If you have completed our basic 2-day KAY training, you are fully certified to teach yoga to children in any capacity and are not required to complete further training or to join the Yoga Alliance.
How to register as a RCYT with the Yoga Alliance
There is no time frame in which you are to fulfill all of your 95 hour requirements with YA. You do not need to be a 200 hour certified teacher when you begin the process. However, you must be 200 hour certified if and when you register with the Yoga Alliance for your RYT and subsequently for your RCYT. Click here to learn more about the current guidelines from Yoga Alliance for teaching yoga to children which are outlined below.
- Complete 200 hr Yoga Teacher Training
- Complete 95 hour advanced Children’s Yoga Teacher Training
- Submit 30 teaching hours in Kids Yoga that take place AFTER you get your 95-hour advanced Children’s Yoga Teacher Training certificate
Alternative Certification Paths
It is preferred that you have taken a 2-day training, or our online training (OKAY) plus the OKAY Virtual Supplement before the advanced training. However, you can attend the advanced training first if need be. Or, have you taken a basic Kids Yoga certification program other than KAY? You can still attend our advanced training and be eligible to receive your 95 hour certificate. Here’s how…
“I haven’t taken an initial Kids Yoga training yet.”
- Complete your registration form and submit your initial payment.
- Sign up for OKAY (online training) AND an upcoming OKAY Virtual Supplement. You can do this concurrently with the 95 hour training (all must be completed by June 30, 2020).
“I have completed my initial Kids Yoga training with another school (RCYS).”
- Submit your initial Kids Yoga training certificate to us for approval on your registration form.
- Make your initial payment for the training.
- Pay a $150 fee to gain access to the online coursework that will need to be completed in its entirety before attending the advanced 95 hour training you register for. Details of how to make this payment will be sent to you after your registration is complete.