All children’s yoga teachers who want to take their skills to the next level are welcome to join us at Monte dos Amores, October 13 – October 20, 2019. Look at the pictures, this place is spectacular!!
An important portion of the 95 hour training is the 2 day basic certification training. You have an amazing opportunity and can choose to take your 2-day LIVE TRAINING in the same location on the 2 days before the advanced training if you are not already certified.
Here is the basic information we will be covering:
- Asanas, activities, games, pranayama, chanting
- Classroom techniques, communication with children
- Anatomy, changes in childhood development, contraindications, benefits, body systems, organs, etc.
- Philosophy and ethics
- Developmental stages
- Accessible Kidding Around Yoga class
- Observe and teach kids yoga classes
Your duties include:
- Observing the children in all activities and yoga classes
- Participating in teaching different aspects of Kidding Around Yoga
- Attending lectures
- Shared living quarters, making friends for life
- Participation in the Karmaval, Yoga-lympics, arts & crafts, and more
- Teach and engage in Peace, Love, Sharing, Caring, Compassion, Non-Violence, Karma, Co-Existence, Kindness, Spirituality, and Tolerance
95-Hour Program Tuition
-400-500€ First 2-Day (or less with early bird or other discounts)
-975€ Advanced Training
-350- 665€ depending on lodging choice *Food & lodging for 8 days must be booked directly through Monte dos Amores. (www.montedosamores.com) via EMAIL (stay @ montedosamores.com)
-Your tuition INCLUDES all KAY-tinuing education online courses.
-Your tuition DOES NOT INCLUDE flights or transportation to Monte Dos Amores. * See below for further information about travel and transportation.
335€ is non-refundable (301,50€ for earlybirds). The remainder is fully refundable 30 days prior to the first day of the training (September 13, 2019). After that, the full fee is non-refundable.
Flights & Transportation
We recommend that you purchase your flight to Portugal early to avoid paying higher prices as the dates get closer. If you book into Faro, you can take a shuttle (we recommend https://www.gentlebee.com/ which costs about 30€). You can also fly into Lisbon or Sevilla and take a rental car to the location. If you are coming from Lisbon calculate about 50€ toll round trip into your expenses. If you come from Sevilla please be aware that you are crossing a border and make sure your rental company allows it.
Felice is available to help guide you when it comes time to make your flight bookings. Please email her at with your proposed flights PRIOR to booking to make sure they make sense with the travel options.
Please pack anything to make your living space more comfortable. Laundry costs €3 per full load. Here are photos of what the lodging looks like:
|Sunday, October 13||Arrival until 5p.m. (unless you are already attending the live 2-day training weekend)
7p.m. Welcome Circle
|Monday-Saturday, October 14-19||Full training days (7 nights)|
|Sunday, October 20||Lecture and farewell until 1p.m. and check-out from Monte de Amores until 2p.m.|
2-Day Training (15 contact Hrs)
Advanced Training (72 contact Hrs)
Online Kidding Around Yoga (8 Hrs)
TOTAL HOURS: 95 hours
Meet the Trainers
E-RYT500, RCYT, YACEP
|Felicitas Scheel, KAY Teacher, Licensee, Trainer, and Training Coordinator, is German born, and now resides in Barcelona.|
|Melody Hersher, KAY Teacher, Licensee, Trainer, and Training Coordinator, is New York born, and now resides in South Carolina.|
RYT 200, RCYT,
- Fill out the registration form.
- THEN make payment. You have 2 options for payment…
Option 1: ONE TIME FEE
975€ paid in full upon completion of registration (877,50€ for early birds)
Option 2: PAYMENT PLAN
- €335 non-refundable deposit due upon completion of registration (€301.50 for early birds)
- 2 further payments of €335 in 30 day intervals
- TOTAL DUE AFTER ALL PAYMENTS = €1005 (€904.50 with early bird discount)
877,50€ early bird (10% until July 31)
858€ school teachers (12% send proof to email@example.com)
780,80€ (20% when booked in combination with the 2-day live training weekend in Lagos, October 13-20, 2019)
20% BFF (20% off if you sign up with a friend-will be refunded after both signed up and paid in full)
50% off for trainers – send an e-mail to
MAKE SURE TO BOOK YOUR ACCOMMODATION WITH THE RESORT RIGHT AFTER YOU HAVE RESERVED YOUR SPOT IN THE ADVANCED TRAINING.
- Shared room with attached bathroom: 420€ (665€ single occupancy)
- Double or triple bedroom with shared bathroom: 350€ (525€ single occupancy)
- GLAMPING: Shared Lotus Belle Tent for 2 people with outside bathroom: 385€ per person
Preferences are subject to availability. Single occupancy is limited. All prices include 7 nights and food for all days (including evening of arrival and morning of departure).
You have to book your lodging with Monte dos Amores (www.montedosamores.com) via EMAIL (stay @ montedosamores.com)
Certification & Requirements
Once you complete your advanced training in Monte dos Amores AND a single KAY live training, you will receive your 95-hr certificate. This will allow you to register with the Yoga Alliance for your RCYT designation if you have already earned your 200-hr RYT designation. However, you do not need to be a 200-hr certified teacher to take this training. If that is the case, Yoga Alliance requirements will not apply to you. Here is what is required in order to register as a 95-hr RCYT with the Yoga Alliance.
- Complete a 200-hr Yoga Teacher Training with an RYS.
- Complete a 95-hr Children’s Yoga Teacher Training with an RCYS (Monte dos Amores + 1 Live Training).
- Submit 30 teaching hours in Children’s Yoga that takes place AFTER you earn your 95-hr Children’s Yoga Teacher Training certificate.
|Kidding Around Yoga is a Registered Children’s Yoga School through the Yoga Alliance.|