According to the Yoga Alliance (YA), a not for profit yoga teacher organization that advances yoga and registers 200 hour yoga teachers. The YA has a children’s yoga designation called the Registered Children’s Yoga Teacher (RCYT), to get this designation you are required to take a 95 hour training. Kidding Around Yoga offers four very HANDS-ON opportunities to earn the 95 hour certification. Advance your career and join us for the most advanced degree in children’s yoga and have a blast at the same time!
Kidding Around Yoga will help you meet these requirements in 4 trainings:
- 2-Day Training They are all over the world all of the time. Find one that works!
- Advanced Training at Camp KAY (Tampa FL, June 2019) OR Cabuya Lodge (Costa Rica, July 2020) OR Cabuya Lodge (En Espanol) (Costa Rica, June 2020) OR Lagos, Portugal (Portugal, Oct 2019)
It is preferred that you take a 2-day training before the advanced training. But you can attend the advanced training first if need be.
Here’s how you get started.
- Register & attend your 2-DAY TRAINING
- Engage yourself… teach 15 hours & become active in our Facebook forum
- Finish Online Kidding Around Yoga (OKAY)
- REGISTER and attend Camp KAY in Tampa, Fl held each summer or Cabuya Lodge in Costa Rica July 2020 or Cabuya Lodge (En Espanol) in June 2020 or Lagos, Portugal in Oct 2019
Please Note: The 95-hour RCYT designation is a great option for any 200-hour YA certified teacher that wants to register as a RCYT (Registered Children’s Yoga Teacher) with Yoga Alliance OR for anyone who wants to improve their skills, deepen their knowledge of childrens’ anatomy and/or expand their childrens’ yoga offerings. Note that you do not have to be part of Yoga Alliance to benefit from this comprehensive training.
Yoga Alliance and Certification
Yoga Alliance registration is not the same as “certification”. If you have completed our basic KAY training, you are fully certified to teach yoga to children in any capacity and are not required to complete further training or to join the Yoga Alliance to teach yoga to children.
| 2-Day Training (15 Hrs)|
Advanced Training (72 Hrs)
Online Kidding Around Yoga (8 Hrs)
TOTAL HOURS: 95 hours
How to register as a RCYT with the Yoga Alliance
You may take up to two years to fulfill your 95 hours. You do not need to be a 200 hour certified teacher when you begin. However, you must be 200 hour certified when you register with the Yoga Alliance with your 95 hour certificate.
CLICK HERE to learn more about the current guidelines from Yoga Alliance for teaching yoga to children.
- Complete 200 hr Yoga Teacher Training
- Complete 95 hr Children’s Yoga Teacher Training
- Submit 30 teaching hours in children’s yoga that take place AFTER you get your 95 hr Children’s Yoga Teacher Training Certificate
|Kidding Around Yoga is a Registered Children’s Yoga School through the Yoga Alliance.|