Camp KAY Packing list
PLEASE LABEL EVERYTHING WITH YOUR CHILD’S NAME.
Bathroom Bag: (everything labeled)
* Brush and or comb + hair elastics for girls
* Bug repellant….very important!!
* Shower items: Soap/Shampoo/Conditioner
- Clothing: (everything labeled)
* 6 pairs of underwear
* 3-4 pairs of socks
* 5 sets of short and t-shirts (sleeveless or short sleeved)
* 1 sweatshirt
* 2 long sleeved shirts
* 2 pairs of very lightweight pants…also helpful for kids who are tasty to bugs!
* 1 or 2 comfy outfits for yoga class. No jeans please. Leggings or shorts.
* Hat (Make sure it covers your hair. NOT a sun visor).
* 2 bathing suits for water play.. cuz we have a POOL!!! YABADABADOO!!!
* Water shoes, old sneakers or sandals for water play and OPTIONAL CANOEING
- Sneakers or other closed shoes for outdoor play
* 2-3 labeled towels. Printed towels are best…easy to find!
* 2 pairs of pajamas.
* Optional, but highly recommended… 1 groovy outfit for a dance party!
* Something white for tie dye: T-shirt/sweat pants/socks/pillow case
* Raincoat or Poncho
Bedding: The facility provides a twin mattress with nothing on it. Momma KAY recommends a twin fitted sheet (or any sheet you can cover your mattress with) and a sleeping bag on top. That way they can move it for movie night. But bringing a sheet and blanket is fine as well. DON’T FORGET A PILLOW!
Other Necessities: (everything labeled)
* Water Bottle. We don’t use disposable cups at camp. Just water bottles.
* Flashlight with extra batteries.
* Journal and a few pens.
* Book from summer reading list.
* Yoga sticky mat with your/your child’s name on it.
* Disposable camera (optional).
* Photos or other posters to decorate your bed area. We will provide painters tape.
* One tall kitchen garbage bag or any other lightweight bag for dirty clothes, labeled.
* Any other personal items that you need.
* Small games for rest hour in the cabin. Jax, Checkers, Cards, etc.
THIS YEAR WE ARE GOING TO HAVE A VERY SPECIAL BOLLYWOOD DANCING EVENT. PLEASE SEND YOUR CHILD WITH “PREFERABLY” A WHITE TANK OR TSHIRT AND WHITE PANTS OR LEGGINGS. THE GIRLS WILL BE WEARING SARI’S OVER THIER WHITES. THE BOYS WILL BE IN ALL WHITE. HOW MUCH FUN IS THIS GOING TO BE? A LOT!
GOGGLES AND IF YOU AREN’T A GOOD SWIMMER. MAYBE A SWIMMING VEST?
* EVERYONE IS REQUIRED TO BRING A PLATE, BOWL, CUP OR MUG, AND SILVERWARE. EACH CAMPER WILL CLEAN HIS/HER OWN DISHES AFTER EACH MEAL. PLEASE BE PRACTICAL. NOTHING BREAKABLE AND EVERYTHING LABELED AND IN A STUFF SACK OR SOME SORT OF BAG FOR PROPER STORAGE IN BETWEEN MEALS.
SAVE A TREE AND THROW A FEW CLOTH NAPKINS IN THAT BAG AND WE’LL BE FOREVER GRATEFUL!
Optional (for adults): Shoes off in the Chapel. If you need shoes for foot support bring a pair that will remain in the building to keep the floor clean for Yoga.
If you have a talent, bring what you need to showcase it!
Jokes jokes and more jokes:
We need some jokes at camp. It would be awesome if each camper had one or two to share.
We have a full time nurse on staff to administer all medications. Please place them in a zip lock bag. Label the bag AND the bottles. Before you leave camp you will meet with our nurse to go over specific directions.
DOES YOUR CHILD WEAR PULL UPS? NO WORRIES. JUST TELL YOUR COUNSELOR. WE’LL HANDLE IT.
THIS YEAR WE HAVE A HULA HOOP TEACHER COMING AND BEFORE HER SESSION AS AN OPTION WE ARE DECORATING BETTER QUALITY HULA HOOPS. THERE IS A $10 FEE FOR THIS. PLEASE BRING IT TO CAMP IF YOUR CHILD IS INTERESTED. OTHERWISE THEY WILL JUST USE ONE OF THE WALMART HULA HOOPS WE PROVIDE.
WE NEED EMPTY TOILET PAPER ROLLS FOR AN ARTS AND CRAFTS PROJECT. WE KNOW YOU HAVE THEM. LOL PLEASE HELP US OUT AND BRING SOME SEPARATELY TO DROP OFF AT REGISTRATION. TIA!
Do not send:
Hand held electronic gadgets of any sort (cell phone, ipod, iPads, laptops, or anything which might interfere with the camp goals). When in doubt email Hlender@kiddingaroundyoga.com.
Please do not send anything to camp that MUST return the way it left home.
Clothes get lost, and if they don’t, they come home very dirty.
That’s a sign that your child had lots of fun at Camp Kidding Around Yoga. If your child leaves something behind there is a very good chance you are not going to see it again. Keep this in mind while packing.
Please note: When you arrive at Camp KAY, our staff will be checking the packing list against each child’s belongings. If an item or items are missing, we may ask you to go to the nearest store to purchase items. Please take time to be sure everything on the packing list is included in your bag before you leave home. Luckily there is a Walmart VERY close.