If you would like to become a licensee of Kidding Around Yoga you must attend one of our teacher trainings (live or online) and then follow the steps below in the order that they are listed AND finish within TWO MONTHS. Notify us if you are not a 200 hour certified yoga teacher. Additional requirements may be necessary.
- If you attended a live training, you need to complete all modules of OKAY before you may apply to become a Licensee. If you took OKAY only, then you just need to graduate! You must notify Sarah when complete.
- Fill out the Licensee Application Form. After submitting the form, you will immediately sign your agreement and make your payment. (Do not pay this until you are ready to commit and you have read the License Agreement! It is non-refundable.)
- Take the Licensee Test. This Test will be available from your OKAY list of courses soon after you pay. (The test covers information in the KAY manual.)
- Finish the entire OKAY training.
- a scanned copy of your proof of insurance. Kidding Around Yoga has partnered with BeYogi Insurance for a discounted rate. Kidding Around Yoga Professionals save $20 and Trainees get their first year for only $25. Insurance is applicable within the United States only and to those professionals who meet the state’s requirements, where applicable, to practice Yoga.
- Read “The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali: Commentary on the Raja Yoga Sutras” by Sri Swami Satchidananda. (This can be done on your own time.)
- Schedule one Karma Yoga class to be taught a minimum of once every two months. We check in regularly to make sure you are keeping up.
- Start TEACHING. (These are on the honor system.)
- Download all of the KAY songs and KNOW ALL OF THE MUSIC. (You must also have a method of playing music in your classes.)
- Study the manual extensively.
- Build your “Bag of tricks”.
Once all of the above is completed and approved…
- We will do a happy dance because we love welcoming new people into our family!
- You will gain access to the Licensee Only Resources.
- You will obtain instructions on creating your own Kidding Around Yoga with _____ Facebook Page.
- You will be able to put in a request for your own Kidding Around Yoga with _____ Website.
- You will receive [email protected] email address.
- You can use our fabulous marketing materials to print on your own.
- For a fee you can have customized flyers made for any of your classes and events.
- You will be able to purchase our Edu-KAY program and teach your own WORKSHOPS. (If you have your 200Hr Cert)
- You will have access to free webinars on technology and marketing.
- You will get a discount on some of our KAY-tinuing Education Programs where we offer a variety of topics to fine-tune just about anything that could possibly come up in a kids yoga class.
Other important things to note:
- KAY is a non-smoking company. It goes against our core values as Yogis to have teachers representing the KAY brand who are smokers.
- Licensees will need to sign their Agreement, provide proof of insurance coverage and begin paying their monthly Licensee fee.
– Sarah, Florida
KAY with Sarah