If you would like to become a licensee of Kidding Around Yoga you must attend one of our teacher trainings (live or online) and then follow the steps below in the order that they are listed AND finish within 30 days.
If you send a video longer than 30 minutes long we will ask you to retape it as we have many videos to watch. If you have already submitted a video in the OKAY forum you are done. Thanks! Otherwise Momma KAY herself will help guide you if you need some handholding. Hint Hint… we are looking to see if you have followed the outline. Follow it to a “T” if you want to be accepted quickly. We HIGHLY RECOMMEND you teach approximately 10 classes prior to filming so you feel very comfortable following the outline. There is a “class script” in the pinned post in the International KAY FB forum as well as a video of Momma KAY teaching a full class. This is a GREAT place to study THE KAY WAY. It works… no need to re-invent the wheel.
5. Finish the entire OKAY training.
6. Get yourself insured because you are a business owner and that’s just the right thing to do. Kidding Around Yoga has partnered with BeYogi Insurance. Check them out for a discounted rate. Insurance is applicable within the United States only and to those professionals who meet the state’s requirements, where applicable, to practice Yoga.
7. Read “The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali: Commentary on the Raja Yoga Sutras” by Sri Swami Satchidananda. (This can be done on your own time.)
8. Schedule one Karma Yoga class to be taught a minimum of once every two months. We check in regularly to make sure you are keeping up but it is basically on the honor system.
9. Download all of the KAY songs and know all of the music, get an MP3 player.
10. Study the manual extensively. Know your stuff!
11. Build your bag of tricks! Or better yet… buy one! Click below to see what we have in store for you.
You can download and print a PDF checklist of this list here: LICENSEE PROCEDURE
Once all of the above is completed and approved…
- We will do a happy dance because we love welcoming new people into our family!
- You will gain access to the Licensee Only Resources.
- You will obtain instructions on creating your own Kidding Around Yoga with _____ Facebook Page.
- You will be able to put in a request for your own Kidding Around Yoga with _____ Website.
- You will receive [email protected] email address.
- You can use our fabulous marketing materials to help build your business.
- You will have access to free webinars on technology and marketing.
- You will get a discount on some of our KAY-tinuing Education Programs where we offer a variety of topics to fine-tune just about anything that could possibly come up in a kids yoga class.
VOILA… Start your new business!
Read below. This is of utmost importance to us.
- KAY is a non-smoking company. It goes against our core values as Yogis to have teachers representing the KAY brand who are smokers. Plus it’s just bad for you and we love you so maybe… quit? We love you and we want you to be really healthy!
We hate to see you go but totally understand how life changes. That being said… if you are leaving because you are experiencing a life emergency, we offer a “Pause” option for Licensee status. If you are experiencing a death in the family, illness or other situation where you know you will be back as a Licensee but are not currently able to commit to your business, you may pause your Licensee status for up to six months. Your business name and website will be “on hold” and not be visible, but not deactivated. You do not have to deactivate your FB wall but we will do random checks to make sure it is not being used to promote yourself as a KAY Licensee as well as any KAY marketing materials. There is no fee to use your one time “pause” option but, If you fail to contact us for reinstatement within six months, you are responsible for a $100 fee to reinstate your licensee status.
And if you cancel and come back we will do a happy dance… and then send you a bill for your $100 reinstatement fee.
– Sarah, Florida
KAY with Sarah