Welcome to Kidding Around Yoga with Katie!
Benefits of Yoga For Children
- Breathing practices are a great way to reduce stress and help with focus and concentration. They also help reduce allergy and asthmatic symptoms.
- Standing poses improve posture and strength. They also reduce symptoms of scoliosis.
- Balancing poses improve focus, concentration, strength, coordination and poise.
- Backbends are invigorating – opening and strengthening the heart and chest.
- Forward bends are relaxing and help to massage the digestive system.
- Inversions and difficult poses encourage practice and build self-esteem.
- Relaxation poses reduce stress and provide the opportunity for kids to be peaceful and still.
- The principles of Yoga teach kids kindness, sharing, compassion, mindfulness, and awareness. Tools that will serve them for the rest of their lives!
Kidding Around Yoga is a style of yoga that was created by Haris “Harini” Lender, RYT 500. KAY includes ALL 5 branches of the Science of Yoga in a very clear and organized class.
Whether it’s, singing, dancing, jogging, laughing, or storytelling, we have endless fun and insanely creative ways to teach the entire Science of Yoga to kids. Our classes are geared towards kids ages 4-12. But you know how “flexible” yogis can be! If you want to bring a two year old or your grandmother – just ask! Depending on the nature of the class, we may be able to accommodate you.
To learn more about Kidding Around Yoga and the certification program I attended, visit KAY Global.