Welcome to Kidding Around Yoga with Emily!
We all lead busy lives. Our kids, too! They are constantly bombarded with academic pressures, innumerable lessons, sports practices, playdates, and the rigors of just growing up! All of these responsibilities leave our children little opportunity to just relax and be still. This constant stress can have negative consequences to our kids’ health, both mentally and physically.
Obviously children need to learn to find a quiet place inside themselves, a place to relax and be calm, regardless of what situation they find themselves. KIDDING AROUND YOGA, created by Haris Lender (ERYT 500), teaches these tools in a clear, engaging way.
Each KIDDING AROUND YOGA (KAY) class is a thorough, age-appropriate Yoga practice and includes:
- Breathing instruction: Children learn ways to energize, concentrate, and reduce stress simply by controlling their own breath!
- Relaxation techniques: Students learn ways to settle in their mind, allowing calming and healing to begin.
- Stretching and strengthening poses: Poses in a KAY class are not only fun, but give children confidence, a strong and flexible body, and a way to self soothe.
- Music, games, and imagination: KAY’s magic is our playfulness, keeping your child motivated, excited, and moving. This is not your typical Yoga class. A KAY class gets children singing, dancing, skipping, marching, jogging, shaking, laughing, hopping, limbo-ing, and storytelling ALL while practicing Yoga to original KAY music.
- Highly trained, passionate KAY certified teachers: My specialized training has given me the tools, knowledge, and experience to lead a creative and well-managed kids’ Yoga class.
KIDDING AROUND YOGA classes are a unique way to give your child skills that will provide a sense of balance, calm, and power after their very first class, and in the years to come. I’m so excited to share Yoga with the little Yogis in your life!
For further information, check out KAY Global.