Welcome to Kidding Around Yoga with Dietrich!
Benefits of Yoga For Children
- Proper breathing is a great way to energize, learn concentration and reduce stress. It also reduces allergy and asthmatic symptoms.
- Standing poses build posture and strength, and reduce symptoms of scoliosis.
- Balancing poses develop focus, strength, balance and poise.
- Backbends open and strengthen the heart and chest.
- Forward bends help massage the digestive system.
- Inversions and difficult poses build self-esteem by teaching children that they can achieve what they set out to do all on their own.
- Relaxation poses reduce stress and teach kids how to focus.
Kidding Around Yoga is a style of yoga that was created by Haris “Harini” Lender, RYT 500. KAY includes ALL 5 branches of the Science of Yoga in a very clear and organized class.
The methods we use in a KAY class are insanely creative and will keep your child practicing yoga for years to come! Singing, dancing, massaging, jogging and storytelling are just a few of the techniques we use, but the possibilities are endless. Our classes are geared towards kids ages 4-12. But you know how “flexible” yogis can be! If you want to bring a two year old or your grandmother – just ask! Depending on the nature of the class, we may be able to accommodate you.
We also teach a Family Yoga class as well as a Mommy and Me Class. Please contact me for any questions you may have.
To learn more about Kidding Around Yoga and the certification program I attended, visit KAY Global.
Kidding Around Yoga specializes in sharing yoga and meditation with children ages 0-12; however, it is definitely adaptable to expand to children of all ages (our parents have ball practicing with their children). We use our own music produced by our founder, Ms. Haris Lender, games, as well as other tools and activities to help children focus their minds and stretch their bodies, all while having loads of fun. Yoga and meditation has been considered for a long time as a wonderful means of stress management. KAY uses a system based on the classical study of yogaand transforms it into an experience for children to both introduce them to yoga as well as inspire them to develop a practice and give them tools to take into adulthood.
Watch this video to get an idea of what a Kidding Around Yoga with Dietrich classes entail: http://vimeo.com/89361456.