With the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the health and safety of our KAY community is of the highest priority. Our most recent safety precautions and training expectations are outlined below and are subject to change. In addition to our in-person teacher trainings, we will continue to offer our virtual options for the foreseeable future as well.
- Your KAY Trainer has provided proof of vaccination or will submit a negative COVID test 48 hours prior to the start of the training.
- Mats and belongings will be set up at least 1,5m apart.
- Trainers may come within 1,5m of Trainees for brief periods of time, a minute or two, however, you may request they do not come within 1,5m of you at all.
- We encourage outdoor activity whenever possible.
- We encourage additional ventilation such as open doors or windows whenever possible.
- We will refer to country, state, and/or local mandates as well as training location requirements.
- We provide disposable face coverings as needed.
Cleaning and Hygiene
- We promote frequent use of handwashing and hand sanitizer during your training.
- We provide alcohol-based hand sanitizer (with at least 60% alcohol) at the entrance of the training location.
- We provide tissues for proper cough and sneeze hygiene.
- We ensure materials are readily available to wipe and disinfect equipment before and after use.
- We will check temperatures upon arrival each day. If you have a temperature above 38C, you will not be allowed to attend the training.
- You will be required to complete a COVID waiver upon arrival on the first day.
- We encourage you NOT to attend the training if you:
- have symptoms of COVID-19
- have tested positive for COVID-19
- are waiting for COVID-19 test results
- were exposed to someone with COVID-19 within the last 5 days
- If you are unable to attend your training last minute due to one of the above, you may sign up for any other live training or complete our online training at no additional cost.
- KAY has adjusted all games and activities we plan to demonstrate, to be socially distanced.
- Trainers will explain and show videos and/or photos of activities and songs that cannot be done live, due to COVID restrictions.