Haris has been running Kids Yoga sleep away camp for 14 years!
Join us for the 15th summer of fun at Camp Kidding Around Yoga!
Camp Kidding Around Yoga FAMILY CAMP is for kids and teens ages 5-17.
- Children ages: 7-12 are standard campers.
- If your child is between the ages of 13-17 they are considered a C.I.T. (Counselor in Training!) We offer a discount for C.I.T.s.
- Kids ages 5 and 6 are welcome at camp, however they must sleep with a parent in the cabins separate from the regular campers. (This varies year to year based on occupancy, please email email@example.com)
Too early to think about next summer? Think again! Join us July 12th-17th in 2015 for a week you’ll never forget. Mark your calendars and sign up today!
Drop off is between 3:00-4:00pm on Sunday (please do not arrive earlier. We can not begin registration until 3:00pm.)
Pick up time is Friday between 11:00am-12:00pm.
**At 11:00 on Friday we show a “Farewell Slideshow”. Followed by our traditional closing circle. Parents you are invited and encouraged to be there. Bring tissues!
This year Camp KAY is held at Florida Sheriffs Youth Ranches, Inc in Parrish.
The Youth Ranch is set on 65 naturally beautiful acres. The buildings and facilities available to the youth in residence include: a community center, two cottages, administration building, maintenance/vocational building, and livestock pavilion.
- Arts & Crafts: including “Knotta Malas” (kid-friendly fabric mala necklaces), dream catchers, friendship bracelets, talking sticks, prayer flags and much more.
- TIE-DYE GALORE
- Soccer, Basketball, Volleyball, Tennis
- Peace, Love, Sharing, Caring, Compassion, Non-Violence, Karma, Co-Existence, Kindness, Spirituality, and Tolerance.
- WE NOW HAVE A POOL!!!!!!
- And a Softball Diamond, and a sand volley ball court! FSYR can bring out a tennis net and turn the basket ball court into a tennis court.
YOGA is not a sport and it’s not an activity. It’s a science and a way of life! Therefore; all the above mentioned Yogic ideals are nurtured at camp. Sometimes DIRECTLY through short lectures given by an experienced yogi… mostly through the many fun activities Haris has developed during her many years running children’s Yoga camp.
“Truth is one, paths are many”
– Swami Satchidananda
We have a unique and fun system for teaching cultural diversity, tolerance, and embracing all religions through our very own songs and stories.
Lodging: There will be either 4-6 people per room with adjoining private bathroom or shared bathrooms. Each building has its own fridge and kitchen. Folks are NOT ALLOWED to cook in the kitchen but they are allowed to store food in the fridge!
Bikes and Canoes: You are encouraged to bring your own bike, otherwise there are 25 bikes on site as well as a few kayaks and 10 canoes. There are hiking and biking trails and a canoe launch on the adjacent Rye Preserve.
Ropes Course: There is an on-site High Ropes Course (requires staff, may be an extra charge), plus a ground level challenge course (no staff required).
Medical Care: We will have our very own full time nurse on staff at all times.
Food: Three meals a day are provided by the facility. And yes, they do cater to vegetarians! If you are concerned about dietary restrictions please email Haris.
Staff: We have the very BEST staff! Our counselors are all above the age of 18. They are calm, cool, yogic minded, and very responsible. Almost all of our counselors have served under Haris at past yoga camps and several are certified Kidding Around Yoga teachers! Our staff to camper ratio is exceptionally high.
VISITING DAY (OPTIONAL): On Wednesday, parents are welcome to join us for dinner at 6:00pm for a $15 fee. You can Paypal us or pay cash upon your arrival. But we do need a dinner reservation at drop off on Sunday.
From 7:00 ish to 8:30pm we will have some chanting and a SUPER fabulous drum circle led by our very own KAY teacher Barbara Gail.